Tropical Bound Condo Rentals
Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
Please read carefully.
"Please treat my home as your own." Our units are second homes to the owners. Please treat them with respect.
COVID-19 UPDATE/POLICY EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 24, 2020
I understand and agree:
- A negative COVID-19 test is required in order to travel to Hawaii. The test must be taken within 72 hours before my flight to Hawaii departs and it must be an FDA-Approved NAAT test from a CLIA certified laboratory. I must receive my negative test result before I board the final leg of my flight to Hawaii.
- If I don't receive my negative test result before I board the final leg of my flight to Hawaii, I will need to quarantine in a hotel for 14 days or the length of my stay, whichever is shorter.
- I understand that I will need to present a negative COVID-19 test result upon arriving at the Kahului Airport.
- I agree to be ready to present my negative COVID-19 test result to the front desk or resident manager at any time during my stay.
- The wearing of face masks and social distancing are both required in the State of Hawaii anytime you are outside of your home. This includes the common areas of the condominium complex, pools, and beaches. A mask is not needed while outdoors when physical distance of 6 feet from other individuals (who are not members of the same household) can be maintained at all times.
- Failure to abide by such requirements may result in a fine which will be charged to my credit card on file.
- Travelers who receive a positive test result must immediately report to the Maui District Health Office and follow all directions from the State Department of Health. Travelers would also bear all costs related to their testing, lodging and any associated care.
- This pertains to me and anyone traveling with me.
- A) DEPOSIT, PAYMENT, AND CANCELLATION
- All rates quoted are all in US funds and are subject to applicable tax* and cleaning fees.
- To secure a reservation, a deposit is required at time of booking. The amount varies by unit and length of stay and will be included in your quote. As units are individually owned, deposits are non-transferrable.
- Full payment is due 60 days prior to arrival and will be automatically charged to the credit card on file. It is your responsibility to contact us before the due date if this needs to be updated.
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing. This can be submitted by emailing email@example.com.
- All cancellations are subject to a cancellation fee of $125.
- Rescheduling dates is permitted up to 30 days prior to arrival without penalty.
- All monies are forfeited if cancelled less than 30 days prior to the arrival date unless the unit is re-rented**
- No refunds will be issued due to inclement weather including hurricanes and floods, or events beyond our control (illness, flight cancellations, airline strikes, etc.) We highly recommend you purchase travel or trip cancellation insurance through your insurance broker.
- In the very unlikely event that the unit booked should become unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control (ex. flood, fire, etc.), Tropical Bound reserves the right to move you to a similar unit.
* All rentals are subject to Hawaii General Excise Tax ("GET"), and/or Transit Accommodations Tax ("TAT"). Tax rates are set by the State of Hawaii and are subject to change without notice. Should the tax rate be increased prior to your arrival, the difference will be charged to the credit card on file.
**In the event of a cancellation, no refund of rents will be made until after the period is re-rented and confirmed. If the period is re-rented at the same rate as the original lease of the original guest, all monies are refunded less the $125 cancellation fee. However, if the rental rate is negotiated to a lower rate or rented for a less time period, the original guest will only be refunded the lower (or lesser) rental amount as owners are to receive the full amount of the original lease. Tropical Bound will make every effort to re-rent the property at the full amount.
- B) CREDIT CARD ON FILE
Guest's credit card must be on file. We retain the right to charge your credit card for any damage, breakage or additional cleaning attributed to wear and tear in excess of normal use.
Upon our cleaning service's satisfactory review of unit's inventory and unit floor, carpet and furnishings conditions, there will be no additional charges to your credit card.
Note: A prepaid refundable security deposit may be required and will be noted in your quote if applicable. This will be refunded back to your credit card within 14 days provided there is no damage to the unit or additional cleaning required. This is at the discretion of our professional and insured cleaners.
All units are NON-SMOKING inside and on the lanai.
The Hawaii State Law 295, enacted on November 16, 2006, and updated in 2015, prohibits smoking in all enclosed or partially enclosed areas open to the public. This includes the smoking of cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars, medical marijuana, and all illegal substances. All units are subject to this law. Manager will keep your credit card information on file. If a smoking violation occurs, either a fine of $500.00 will be charged to your credit card or your security deposit will be retained. If a warning has been issued, and smoking continues, we reserve the right to immediately evict you from the unit.
D) CHECK IN/OUT TIME
Check-in time for 3-bedroom Units is 4:00 PM local time. For all other Units, check-in time is 3:00 PM local time.
Check-out is required by 11:00 AM on the day of departure. Late check outs may be available for an additional fee. Contact us for details and availability. If you are in the unit before 3:00 PM on your arrival day or after 11:00 AM on your departure day, there will be a charge equal to one night's rent plus tax.
- E) HOUSE RULES
- Parties, receptions, luaus, events, and gatherings of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- No additional occupants beyond the maximum occupancy allowed in each unit will be permitted.
- No pets are permitted.
- Be respectful of your neighbors and the space. Please abide by resort specific rules regarding quiet hours, pool rules, etc. as posted at the resort.
- F) DAMAGE/LOSS/DISTURBANCE
- Units are individually owned and decorated. Please do not remove any furnishings, equipment or items from the unit, including any linen, dishes or other items from the unit.
- We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged personal belongings.
- We make our best efforts to ensure that all equipment within the unit is in good working order, although we cannot guarantee that any equipment will not break down during your stay. Such a breakdown does not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give Guest any right to any refund or rental adjustments. In the event of a breakdown, we will use our best efforts to remedy the situation as soon as possible after notification.
- We make no guarantee that properties adjacent to the Unit will be free from disturbances, including but not limited to noise or inconvenience from construction, traffic or other guests or neighbors. Any such disturbance shall not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give Guest any right to any refund or rental adjustment.
- Hawaii is located in a tropical climate, and insects, rodents and lizards flourish in this environment. Although we make our best efforts to minimize interactions with these pests, any contact with such a pest within or outside the unit does not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give Guest any right to any refund or rental adjustment.
- Any issue with the Unit shall be immediately reported to Manager by calling 1-866-456-6284. The Manager and Owner shall have a reasonable amount of time to restore the Unit to acceptable conditions, and any issues presented that do not prevent reasonable and habitable occupancy of the Unit shall not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give the Guest any right to any refund or rental adjustment.
- G) RIGHT TO ENTER
Manager reserves the right to enter the Unit with 24 hours' notice to the Guest for any reason deemed necessary to service or inspect the Unit on the Owner's behalf.
H) LOST AND FOUND ITEMS
We are not responsible for lost items. Upon departure, please thoroughly inspect the Unit for any potential items left behind, including electronics, chargers and clothing. Any items found by our cleaners can be shipped to you upon request. There will be a $20 service charge plus shipping charges.
Upon our receipt of the accepted terms, please call 1 866-456-MAUI (6284) to submit your deposit via Visa or MasterCard.
Please contact us with any questions you may have. Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much).
Maui Man Condo Rentals
Consumer Protection BC License # 74275
1-866-456-6284 / tropicalbound.com
21555 Thornton Ave
Maple Ridge, British Columbia